A few weeks ago, I got a request that one of our applications hosted on IIS6.0, running on Windows Server 2003 was giving the error below when a user browsed to the application
“the Local Security Authority cannot be contacted”
This post highlight steps I took to resolve the issue.
- Log on to the server with an account with administrative privileges
- Check the application and Systems Event viewer log for any errors
- Check the IIS log to see thecode being returned, i.e 200, 300, 500 etc
- Restart the application pool
- Check the application pool identity, if the application pool is using a domain account, it must be inthe form of domain\app_identity.
The issue was resolved by adding back domain\ to the service account name (There was no domain\, only the application pool identity was present)
Latest posts by Emmanuel (see all)
- How to Enable Failed Tracking Request in IIS7.0/8.5 - February 18, 2016
- Switching from Local account to Microsoft account in Windows 10. - October 26, 2015
- How to export a certificate with the private key - October 8, 2015