I recently changed my 500GB SATA disk to 1TB SSD on my laptop using Samsung Magician to copy the data from SATA to SSD. After completing the task, I noticed a better performance but when I opened Hyper-V Manager, and try to start the virtual systems, I got the error below.
Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running”..
To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
1. Run the following command on the system that host the Hyper-V: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto
2. Reboot the system
3. Log on to the system, open Hyper-V Manager, you should be able to start the Virtual system now.
Alternatively , remove the Hyper-V features, reboot and reinstall/enable Hyper-V again.
Latest posts by Emmanuel (see all)
- How to Enable Failed Tracking Request in IIS7.0/8.5 - February 18, 2016
- Switching from Local account to Microsoft account in Windows 10. - October 26, 2015
- How to export a certificate with the private key - October 8, 2015