IISADMPWD feature has been removed from IIS 7 (Windows 2008) and is no longer supported.
IIS 7 and later versions do not allow a user to access a site secured with Basic or Windows authentication if the “User must change password at next logon” flag is set in AD
There is a workaround to do this in IIS7.0 but it is NOT supported. USE IT AS-IS See the link below
1. Copy the folder from Server 2003 box to Server 2008 box. In my case, I still use the path C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\Iisadmpwd on Server 2008.
2. Register the IISpwchg.dll file in the Iisadmpwd directory:
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. In the Open box, type the following, and then press ENTER:
3. Configure the PasswordChangeFlags property in the metabase to make sure that the Password Change functionality is enabled:
1. open an elevated command prompt.
2. Locate the C:\Inetpub\Adminscripts directory (make sure that you have IIS 6 Scripting Tools feature turned on).
3. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set w3svc/passwordchangeflags Value
Note In this sample command, Value is a placeholder for the value that you want to set for the PasswordChangeFlags property.
4. The following list includes the possible values for the PasswordChangeFlags property. You can use a combination of these values.
· 0: This is the default value. This value indicates that you must use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection when you change the password.
· 1: This value permits password changes on non-secure ports. This value is useful if SSL is not enabled.
· 2: This value disables the Password Change functionality.
· 4: This value disables the advance notification of password expiration.
5. To create an application for the Iisadmpwd directory.
· Now open IIS Manager, and in the left panel right click on Default Web Site node.
· Choose Add Application. In this dialog, type an alias (I use IISADMPWD) and the path (C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\Iisadmpwd). Then click Select… button to choose a suitable application pool.
Click OK twice and we are done.
Useful page also
Latest posts by Emmanuel (see all)
- How to Enable Failed Tracking Request in IIS7.0/8.5 - February 18, 2016
- Switching from Local account to Microsoft account in Windows 10. - October 26, 2015
- How to export a certificate with the private key - October 8, 2015